Thursday, March 22, 2012

Illustration Friday - Shades



I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to paint for this weeks Illustration Friday* topic, "shades." 


So here's what I came up with, shades of nail polish! 


On a side note, I love nail polish color names. OPI usually has the best "and this little piggy" or "over the taupe" are some of the clever names they've come up with lately. 


Do you have a favorite nail polish color name? 


* For readers who don't know, Illustration Friday is a website that gives a topic every week that artists illustrate, and then link on the website so we can see each others work. The illustration must be posted before Friday, hence the name. 

7 comments:

  1. Cute idea Lily. I need a pedicure before spring break! I have a fun tangerine color called "not from concentrate."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee your blog! I have been using OPI's Conquistadorable color a lot these days. Unfortunately it has a horribly impossible to remember name. But that aside OPI does have really quirky names like "I'm not really a waitress"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your blog too :0) Conquistadorable is a great name! (and the color looks good too).

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment about my Illustration Friday painting. I LOVE your representation of "Shades". Fingernail polish shades didn't even cross my mind and it is brilliant! I have enjoyed looking at all of your other wonderful illustrations. Take care!

    ReplyDelete