Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Owl Be Creative

I drew this cute lil owl for a Monsieur Notebook design. Monsieur Notebook is a company that makes nice leather journals that you can have engraved with your design.


On their website they say that the first 33 illustrators/artists to submit "suitable" entries will get their design on the website and a free notebook (you have to pay for shipping to the US).  I don't know how legit their offer is, but I'd really like a journal so I did this design hoping to make it on to the website (I'll let you know if I do). 

Sometimes when I get nice notebooks or sketchbooks I have a hard time drawing in them because the clean white paper intimidates me and I don't want to "make a mistake" on one of the pages.  Which is why I wrote "create" on the journal as a reminder that it doesn't matter if you make mistakes as long as you are creating and moving forward. That's what practice is for right? 

*Just so you know, I wasn't payed by Monsieur Notebook to write this entry, I'm just really excited about the prospect of a lovely new leather sketchbook :0)

2 comments:

  1. wow u r super talented!!! I'm learning to draw too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 years later I wonder if you ever "won" a notebook....
    I love your insight about the clean white pages. I have many journals (as a writer, not a painter/illustrator) and I always feel intimidated by that 1st page too. My first pages are generally written as an introduction of me to the journal; a hello of sorts. Lol

    ReplyDelete