Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Monsieur Notebook Review


I wrote about submitting an illustration to Monsieur Notebook awhile back, and am excited to tell you I received my notebook! 


It's my first mail from outside the US! This picture is closer to the color the journal actually is. 


Cute logo stamped in the backside. 


Inside page "Nom, etc" page (Name, etc). 



I sketched out some strawberries I was eating to test the paper. I was pleasantly surprised that the paper can take a light watercolor wash. It's a beautiful, slightly textured paper so I thought it might wrinkle with the watercolor but it held up nicely (although I don't think it could handle a lot of water). 


I was using my Faber Castell pens and you could see some of the lines on the other side of the paper, but not enough to be very bothersome. 


The leather cover is very nice, the engraving is beautiful and it seems like the journal will hold up for forever (which is good cause my purse destroys things haha). The cover is so soft that I can't keep from touching it when it's nearby. 


Final consensus: I really love this sketch book and will probably buy another one when I am done with this one. Thanks Monsieur Notebook!* 




*Monsieur Notebook sent me a free notebook for submitting my design, but did not ask me to write a review. I just wanted to share my honest thoughts about how great the product is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment