Thursday, July 12, 2012

Illustration Friday - Suspend


Haha I'm finally back in action for Illustration Friday! This week's topic is "suspend." I was brainstorming hanging things and ended up thinking of a yoyo. 

It was also good opportunity to practice painting a hand/skin tones. I think this is the second time ever I've attempted skin in watercolor and it was just as hard as I thought it was going to be.

 I think my lighter color is okay but the darker area looks a little too brown. Anyone have tips for getting a good skin tone? 


Have a great Thursday! 

4 comments:

  1. I like adding a light wash of blue to the shading of skin. But I like your tones ... your watercolors are always refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried adding blue but got scared it would look too blue and stopped lol. But next time I'll be fearless!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I like it! You always have a unique idea for the prompts. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a couple weeks since I feel like an idea came to me easily so that's nice to hear :0)

      Delete